Tuesday, July 7, 2009

We hope that everyone had a great 4th of July! We kicked off the festivities on Thursday with Jake's school Independence Day Parade. Basically this consisted of sweet little old Ms. Ruth walking backwards with a radio playing God Bless America while the kids walked by their parents lined up. Once the kids had passed the 20 or so parents there, the parents walked with the kids continuing to take pictures and video. It was pretty silly, but I was there in the front row with my camera & video camera (not sure why I had both?). Jake looked pretty humiliated by it all. I never would have thought that I had it in me to follow a 6 month old around in a pretend parade! Isn't it amazing how parenthood changes you?!? On Friday, we went to a Lookout's Baseball Game. We had a great time even though Jake stayed up past his bed time! On Saturday we went to Pops in Park which is held in the park by the river. Robbie & I have gone every year since we met and he & Lara have been going even longer. It is always such a fun time spent with great friends. Jake enjoyed the fireworks but stayed up WAY past his bedtime. Sunday was a fun night trying to get him back on schedule!


Jake thought that it was all pretty lame
Ms. Ruth was the marching band I guess with her "boom box"
The parade
I'm pretty sure he was thinking "really mom?!?"
I kept managing the be on the wrong side

He was all smiles later
First baseball game
Staying up past his bed time
My sweet little boy
Playing in the park Saturday morning
First time down the slide!
Enjoying all of the attention
Jake had a great time getting to roll all over the big blanket
Jake & Lara
Watching fireworks with Daddy


No comments: