Monday, January 4, 2010

Good-bye 2009

I went & looked back on my last post for 2008, which was titled "Good Bye 2008". I can't believe I forgot so many crazy things all happened that year. If I had to sum up 2008 with one word, it would be "Surprise". 2008 was full of surprises! The one word I would use to sum up 2009 it would be "Happiness". 2009 was such a happy year. Sure it had its rough patches, but we made it through them. 2009 started off with one of my best friends giving birth to her first child, Grant. Grant & Jake were initially due 2 days apart. Jake decided to come a few weeks early though, so they ended up being about 3 weeks apart. In the spring, Robbie & I celebrated our one year anniversary of marriage. The same weekend of our anniversary, we celebrated at the wedding of our friends Travis & Paulette. Jake also welcomed his friends Dru, David & Alex to the world! During the summer, we celebrated the marriage of Chad & Melanie. Jake also welcomed more little friends (girls!) Addie & Sara Quinn. Fall & winter brought the celebration of mine & Robbie's 31st birthdays and we ended the year celebrating Jake's first birthday. I can't believe that I'm saying good-bye to another year. So good-bye 2009, thank you for another great year! I end the year, with a quote from the Bible, that just speaks volumes to me. We used it in our Christmas card this year, but it applies all year long.

May the God of hope fill you with joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

No comments: