Monday, December 2, 2013

2013 Football Season - Week 12

 I had all these grand intentions of updating the blog weekly, if not more often. I had gotten caught up a few weeks ago and was ready to be consistent.
 
And then a girl in our department resigned without notice. So until her replacement can start, I've been doing both of our full time jobs. Then we started fertility treatments/meetings/etc. Add in a FDIC audit in the next few weeks, the acquisition of a new business plus one crazy head cold, and basically, I've just been trying to survive.The last 3 weeks have been a combination of nightmare, stress, and worry on all levels of work, personal life, baby, family. But there is always a calm to every storm, and hopefully my calm will come soon.
 
So the week of the Georgia/Auburn, was not my best.
 
My sweet mom basically just rotates between Prattville, Atlanta & Birmingham. She keeps my brother's 2 girls on the days my brother (who is a principal) & my sister-in-law (who is a nurse) works. She travels to Atlanta to help my sister out when her husband travels for business and she watches Jake when I have to travel or if we are gone on the weekends. (And did I mention she visits my father's mother at least once a week to either clean her apartment when she was in her condo or bring her fresh flowers in the nursing home?) I will not blame her the day she goes back to teaching to relax, because retirement is way too busy. She had been in Atlanta with my sister & my parents were going to watch Jake for the weekend of the GA/Auburn game. So she just went out of her way swung by to pick up Jake on her way home to Prattville from Atlanta. So Jake was away for the weekend.
 
I felt horrible because I was still working when Robbie got home (and even he had worked late as well) Friday. My head felt like it would explode, I knew I would have no Internet connection in the RV field and I was basically stressed beyond belief. I almost told Robbie to just go without me.
 
And thank goodness I came to my senses.
 
I pulled myself together. Got my priorities straight. Acknowledged that we had a fun weekend planned, were kid free all weekend and a major SEC game was going to be played that I got to attend.
 
And I'm so glad I came to my senses.

 
The stadium was so alive. I love it when it is like that. Truth be told, I didn't really care who won. But I LOVE when the stadium is that packed, is that loud & is that excited.
 
Robbie kept getting mad because I would just cheer for whoever was loosing. I can't stand Auburn & will never pull for them unless they play a team I hate even more. I like GA and their coach and their quarterback. So I cheered for GA most of the game, because I thought Auburn would win. But then at the end, when Auburn was down, my husband was sitting in the aisle, so stressed he could barely watch. When an Auburn kid catches the ball (which he should be so thankful fell in his hands) to score a touchdown? So exciting. Even I got caught up in the moment. I was hugging the Bush's like I was an Auburn fan. (Make NO mistake, that will not be happening this weekend.) I have to admit, it was fun to celebrate. I like to think I was just celebrating with my husband & his family and not really Auburn. So I just keep telling myself that.
 
So what do you do after a big win like that? Everyone else stayed up, watched the rest of the football games and celebrated. Me?
 
I went to bed. Good-bye week.
 
 And what does a little boy do while at Nana & Gran's house in the country?
 
Finally get to climb his trees. In his Batman costume.


 

No comments: