Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Our Anniversary - 7 Years

On Sunday, April 19th was Robbie & I's 7th wedding anniversary. Here's a look back at our 7 years of marriage (+ 1 year of dating & 1 year engagement).

We met in February 2006

We got engaged in April 2007. I sold my townhouse in Birmingham and moved to Chattanooga.


On April 19, 2008 we were married in Chattanooga, TN.

During our 1st year of marriage, we welcomed our first born & became a family of 3. That first year was such an adjustment and filled with so many firsts. It was our first time to live together, we were newlyweds and new parents. 

Our 2nd year of marriage, we finally got settled. We enjoyed living in Chattanooga and had the greatest group of friends. But we were starting to get antsy with our jobs. Rob was looking for a more challenging position and I was looking to take a step back in my position.

During our 3rd year of marriage, in the Fall of 2010, Rob got the job opportunity we had been wanting. It was a great opportunity for him and it was in Birmingham, so we'd be closer to our families. It also gave me the chance to take the step back that I was wanting. My company allowed for me to give up some of my roles (and some of my paycheck) and work from home. We packed up our house, tearfully said good-bye to our friends and moved to Birmingham.

In our 4th year of marriage, we moved 3 times. We started off in corporate apartment housing, then we moved in with the Bush's, we sold our house in Chattanooga and finally bought our new house in September 2011. We were finally settled in Birmingham.

During our 5th year of marriage, since we were finally settled, we decided to start trying for baby #2. We lost a pregnancy and then struggled for a year with infertility. 

Our 6th year of marriage brought another pregnancy loss and then another year of infertility. Those 2 years were tough. Miscarriages & infertility can bring up a lot of raw emotion. There were certainly some low points. But it is during the tough times that you see what your relationship is made of. It made me realize, that no matter how tough things got, there is no other person I would want by my side as my partner in life, than Robbie.  

And finally, during our 7th year of marriage, we became a family of 4. 
Our family is complete. 
"Be completely humble and gentle; Be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace." 
Ephesians 4:2-3

No comments: